The last 9 months with Jax has been the most enlightening, fulfilling time in our lives, everyone tells you children change your world in an incredible way and I really don't think that sunk in till he was here with us. So here is 9 ways being a parent has changed us and a few things we have learned on this journey constantly learning and growing as a family!
1. Take the time to enjoy the little moments in each day. the smiles, the laughter that fills a room. Thats priceless. I think sometimes we get caught up in our busy lives and forget to embrace what is right in front of us, life can be stressful, it can be messy but watching little gummy grins and being present with your loved ones is the best free therapy you could ask for.
2. Sleep, once your a parent I think you actually forget what sleep is, I will forever have a whole new respect for moms & dads. Caffeine becomes your saving grace and naps well naps become your best friend.
3. Being a parent is one of the greatest blessings in life its messy ( there will be drool & puke ) but looking at your child and seeing pieces of you in them and watching as they learn something new for the first time, that little face filled with excitement and amaze, it makes you melt inside. You will probably look at them and say to yourself " I made that " at least 5 times a day.
4. There is no such thing as perfect parenting. every kid is different and all you can do is your best to raise them to be decent and honest. You might have a plan of how you "will" raise your children but kids are all unique and need space to grow into their own little person.
5. Kids are forgiving! there is hard times where it feels like your doing everything wrong but even when you mess up, they are still happy to see you, they still want hugs. I guess my point is don't be to hard on yourself no one is perfect and if life were easy you wouldn't be living it.
6. You will probably make funny noises and faces you never knew you could make and you might even enjoy playing with lego's and watching all the Disney movies again having a blast from the past. Definitely a perk to having kiddos around, no one will even think twice if they catch you doing any of the above ^
7. it's okay if your kid doesn't have the best of the best or all the latest trends. It seems when your planning on becoming a parent or your expecting a child, everything everywhere you look is saying you need to have all these items and all the best brands in clothing but kids grow incredibly fast and they don't care what they are wearing. Heck you buy a toy and its old news compared to the water bottle on floor five minutes later.
8. Making other parent friends isn't easy! at least not the pre-school years, it's okay to smile and say hi to fellow moms & dads out there without feeling like you've been hiding under a rock you call home for the last several months because honestly I think most people understand that stage if you have had kids, you have most likely been there. You might even make someones day just by a simple "how are you doing?"
9. you need YOU time, this one might sound obvious but once you have littles running around it is hard enough getting simple everyday things done and it's easy to forget to take a break for yourself and refresh.
Here is Jax's latest adventures as a nine month old >>
Hello There, I'm Nicole
A lifestyle & intimate wedding photographer,